Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tarte For True Blood Limited Edition Palette

I bought this Palette from Sephora for $52.00 and let me tell you it was the best makeup purchase Ive made in a LONG time! I originally bought it for my love of HBOs True Blood and the fact I wanted to branch out to different eyeshadow brands (I have always been a die hard Urban Decay fan). The following photos were taken in both natural light and inside light to show differences:




The Palette is extremely high quality and looks like a black and red leather corset which completely evokes Pam from True Blood. It has a big mirror and a beautiful black design on the palette itself. A drawer pulls out which is lined in blood red velvet and contains the following with the True Blood branding on each item:

- 17 x 0.07 oz eye shadows
- 0.003 oz True Blood™ EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Black
- 0.1 oz True Blood™ Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara in Black
- 0.08 oz True Blood™ Lifted Natural Eye Prime


I have to say I totally love the aqua-gel liner, it goes on cool, blends super easily for a smokey eye or basically whatever type of look Im going for and lasts all day/night long. The Mascara is good because it doesn't clump at all (you only need 1 coat to do the trick) and also lasts a very long time. My favorite item has to be the eye primer, it goes on like silk, really does tighten the skin on my eyelids and makes the colors really pop, this one is also really long wearing because a few days ago I applied it under my shadows in the morning around 8AM and my shadow was STILL going strong at 11PM right before I removed it with my makeup remover.

The colors are drop dead gorgeous (pun intended). My favorites are "the True Death (bright metallic shimmery silver), V (sparkling crimson), Moss (a very shimmery/sparkly forest green), and Waitress which is very shimmery sparkly champaign. Actually who am I kidding ALL of the eye shadows are seriously breathtaking! Tarte also included a high quality card inside the package which shows you different ways to apply their makeup so I have to say I was 110% pleased with my purchase.

The set can be purchased with just the palette or along with the Limited Edition Cheek Stain (which I also purchased its imparts a very natural flushed look on cheeks so don't let the bright crimson red with sparkles fool you its SO worth it) and Lipsurgence Natural Lip Tint which also gives lips a just bitten natural glow.

This amazing palette can be purchased at:

Tarte Cosmetics - True Blood

Sephora - Tarte for True Blood

5 comments:

  1. How's the primer compared to UD's? I have this kit but I'm always nervous to try new primers because I have really oily lids and don't want it to not work as well haha.

    I agree about the colors, they're so pretty and really nice on. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really oily lids too and the Tarte primer works very well for me, it kind of feels like UD's primer potion. I just put the Tarte primer on again now and although it feels a little moist going on after a few minutes it dries to a powdery finish and when you put the shadows over it, it feels and works as well as the primer potion.

    If you decide to try it, let me know if it works well for you. Did you like the Aqua Liner? That is my favorite out of the whole set (aside from the shadows).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome, I guess I'll have to give it a try! I will for sure let you know.

    I actually just tried the liner tonight haha. It goes on really creamy and is super black and nice. I used it on my water line, though, and find it just doesn't have the same amount of staying power as my normal eyeliner that I use does. I think it might work out well for the upper lash line though since it won't get as moist there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only use the aqua liner on my upper lid because on the one occasion I did try it on my water line it ran (It kind of ran down to the top of my cheek until someone pointed it out while I was at a restaurant LOL). I do get a lot of staying power on my upper lid though especially if it put it over the primer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to hear. I usually use gel liner on my top lid since I find it easier to get straight, but I'll probably give this a try to use it up and everything.

    ReplyDelete