Friday, July 29, 2011

Bath and Bodyworks Haul, New Halloween Preview Scent Sinful Vanilla




I placed a small order at Bath and Bodyworks online and saw Sinful Vanilla which is part of their new Halloween line (Im pretty sure the preview isnt available in stores yet). BBW has discontinued their Coconut Lime Verbena which wasn't one of my fav scents anyway because for me the verbena note just ruined it, but I

Sinful Vanilla: vanilla bean, whipped marshmallow and vanilla cream

Coconut Lime Breeze: Coconut water, lime blossom and bergamot inspired by a tropical breeze of exotic fruits and luscious citrus

Coconut Lime Breeze is REALLY nice, it does smell a lot like Coconut Lime Verbena but its not as harsh - The coconut isnt that strong in this blend but I do detect it, its a very natural coconut but lime is the dominant note here. This is going to be my new go to summer scent!  Its not overbearing and the packaging is beautiful.

Sinful Vanilla: All notes I totally LOVE, I was so excited to get this one but for now it only came in a travel size. Surprisingly its not overly sweet at all! It holds very close to the skin and I can smell the marshmallow, vanilla and cream. Its definitely the vanilla in the summer vanilla lines NOT the same vanilla in Vanilla Bean Noel. If you are expecting this to be VBN in new Halloween packaging you may be disappointed. It is a creamy - not overly sweet vanilla marshmallow scent which is really pretty. Unfortunately with all their lotions it has a pretty strong and distinct base smell that interferes with the actual fragrance. I am really hoping they decide to release some sprays and shower gel with this one.


Just today they released several new Halloween 3oz lotion previews!! They all look AMAZING however I think im going to wait and hope they release them in a body mist and shower gel (hopefully that happens).

Here are the notes:

Plum Potion: sweet plum, blood orange and black raspberry


Spider Cider: juicy red berries, mouthwatering lemon and black sugar 


Black Candy Apple: juicy apple, caramelized sugar and irresistible vanilla

Wicked Spiced Pumpkin: white pumpkin, fresh ginger and whipped vanilla musk



I heard September is when BBW will release their entire collection and the fact they are going "all out" this year which makes me really happy. In the near future they will be releasing a gourmand collection, since they did away with the Temptations line I havnt purchased a lot from this company but hopefully this will change my mind!  I will post additional updates on the Halloween line as I obtain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment